Please join us for the Mount English Meet and Greet!
- Discover who we are and what we do.
- Meet other English and Writing students.
- Get to know the professors.
- Learn about our programs.
- Meet special guest, El Jones, poet, activist, and Nancy’s Chair in Women’s Studies.
- Hear about upcoming events.
Refreshments will be served.
Current students and alumnae are invited!
Monday, September 25
4:30 – 6:00
Lighten the winter blues and come to the
English Society Meet and Greet
Bad Poetry Reading
not your usual finger-snapping poetry evening
Wednesday, January 18
The English Department began hosting an annual evening of bad poetry, organized by Dr. Chris Ferns, thirty years ago. It has become a much anticipated evening full of laughter at the expense of some of our most famous poets who have written some of the most dreadful poetry.
Come and join us to hear such classics as the “Ode on the Mammoth Cheese,” “The Mongrel,” and “The Bells,” the latter complete with a memorable chorus. Participation is also encouraged. If you would like to read a poem, let us know, and we will find one for you.